I'm writing to you from sunny, beautiful Mexico!
C and I decided to take a week-long holiday here (I've never been!) and we're having so much fun. This seemed like the perfect opportunity to share my beach essentials with you! Feel free to pin the image above and save this list for when you're packing for vacation - I know I'll be referring back to this next time I pack for somewhere tropical!
1. A great bikini // I've never been more obsessed with a bikini than I am with this new one. The color, style, and cut are so flattering - and I like that it's a little different than the brand's usual sets.
2. Magazines & a good beach read // A magazine to flip through or a good book to really pull you in. This vacation, my beach read is Truly, Madly, Guilty by Lianne Moriarty (love her books).
3. Headphones (& a really great playlist) // I'm all about chill, tropical electronic music this vacation.
4. SUNBLOCK // Because I'm that girl on the beach slathering on SPF 70.
5. A camera // It's been so fun to capture vacation memories with my little polaroid camera.
6. Bright nail polish // While I've been wearing a lot of white nail polish this summer, I switched over to this gorgeous minty blue "Petite Palm" color for my trip.
7. Beach jewelry // Am I the only one that loves dressing up a bikini? Pass me some gold chokers or a body chain and I'll wear them right onto the beach. Especially loving anklets, like this gold one I got during a trip to Dubai.
9. Sunnies // These Quay Australia sunglasses were an impulse buy during Nordstrom's sale and I want at least five more pairs from them.
10. A carryall bag // While I have some great beach bags, it's nice to have a sturdy leather tote option that transitions well from the beach to shopping or grabbing lunch.
11. A floppy hat // protect your face from the sun & make it easier to read your Kindle book.
12. Cutoffs or a breezy coverup // of course, I want a post-beach look I can just toss right on and go. These high-waisted vintage-inspired Levis are a current favorite.
What about you? Any beach essentials I should add to my list?
Let me know in the comments below or tweet me (@maevestier)! C and I are off to find some food and do some more exploring. We found the cutest little bar earlier today that had swings instead of bar stools - check it out on Snapchat (@mstier02) & follow along with our trip there and on Instagram. Cheers!