All photos by Katie Walsh | Kay Jay Dub Photography
[All jewelry c/o Rocksbox]
When it comes to wearing jewelry, I'm all about making smart pairings. I've realized that over time, I've developed a few unspoken rules that allow me to add some sparkle to my daily wardrobe where needed - and without going overboard. Below are the rules that I tend to follow on an everyday basis, along with some of my new favorite Rocksbox pieces. For those of you that haven't signed up yet, definitely scope Rocksbox out and use the code girlxgarmentxoxo for one month of free jewelry! (Don't worry about them charging you anything - they won't! Once your month is up, it won't roll over into a plan. You'll only be charged for Rocksbox if you sign up after your free trial. Because that's how it should be!)
1. Pick a statement necklace or statement earrings - never both (unless you're walking the red carpet. But maybe not even then?)
2. Sometimes you can get away with a delicate necklace and statement earrings.
3. A statement necklace can be paired with tiny delicate earrings
4. A single, light-catching, dainty necklace feels elegant to me. Layer multiple thin & delicate necklaces for a more casual look.
5. If your outfit doesn't look quite as exciting as you want, it's probably missing a necklace (go for statement)
6. When wearing statement earrings, try to make sure they'll be seen! Wear your hair up or half-up if it would normally cover your earrings. With ear cuffs especially, I like to pull one side back, a la Cara Delevingne.